Library Guide for RTO Students
As a current student of St Mark’s RTO counselling courses you are able to borrow free of charge from the St Mark’s Library in Canberra for any of the assignments you may be doing in your course. Refer to St Mark's Library section for details about the library membership.
To borrow books from the library:
1. Lodge a library membership form
- Download form, then use Adobe Reader to fill in the blanks (to tick the boxes select the pencil tool).
- Save the form using a different name and print off.
- Alternatively, the form can be printed off and filled in by hand.
- Email/post/fax the form to the library (details provided on the form).
Security note: If credit card details are supplied on the form do not email it as an attachment as email is not a secure information stream.
2. Await confirmation
- Once your form has been processed you will receive an email confirmation. At this point you are able to search and borrow books from the library.
3. Search for books
- Go to the St Mark's Library Catalogue and start looking for books.
- Once you have located the book/s you wish to borrow, copy and paste the full title and author's name into an email and send to St Mark's Library.
- You may borrow up to 20 books per month, which includes 3 renewals.
- You may not request books online as you don't have a CSU Student ID number.
5. Await arrival of books in post
- Once your email request has been received, your book/s will be posted to the address listed on your Library Membership Form.
6. Return books or renew
- Return your books to the library in a padded bag by the due date or phone or email to renew.
- Post to: 15 Blackall Street, Barton, ACT, 2600
- Students are responsible for return postage by box or padded bag.
- Late returns are fined at 50c per day or $5.00 per day for recalled items.